Introductory Flight Package
Think of this flight experience as your introduction to the world of aviation. You and a trained instructor will spend approximately 60-90 minutes in the air, where you will take over and learn the basics of flying an airplane. This intro flight is the perfect kickstart to following your dreams of a career in aviation. See some amazing views, and of course, take the controls for yourself! This is a hands on experience, and we promise we will not disappoint! Come take the flight of a lifetime with FLT Academy.
Additional Passengers: You may also purchase tickets for up to two additional passengers to fly along with the primary purchaser. A $20 fuel fee will be added for each extra passenger. The total weight of ALL passengers may not exceed 400 lbs. After adding your flight to your cart, click here to add additional passengers.
After purchasing intro flight please call 801-896-4470 for scheduling. If you are purchasing the intro flight as a gift, please add a note during your checkout with the person’s name or just mention it when you call for scheduling.
- Please be aware that introductory flights can only be scheduled beyond 24 hours from the time a passenger calls to make their booking. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate same-day flight scheduling requests. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and recommend planning ahead to secure your desired flight time.
- Please note that passengers who wish and/or are required to have their introductory flight in the Diamond DA40 aircraft are limited to the FLT Academy Woods Cross location. Unfortunately, Spanish Fork is not available for Diamond DA40 introductory flights. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all passengers, we have certain age restrictions in place. No passenger under the age of 8 is permitted on an introductory flight. Passengers between the ages of 8 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult and the adult will be subject to an additional passenger fee. Passengers between the ages of 16 and 18 are permitted to fly without an adult, legal guardian, or parent on board. However, please note that only parents or legal guardians may sign the liability waiver for minors. Proof of legal guardianship may be required for any individual other than parents attempting to sign the liability waiver for a minor.
- For legal and safety reasons, there is a maximum combined weight limit of 400lbs for all passengers on our flights, excluding the flight instructor. This weight limit is non-negotiable and is implemented to ensure safe and legal operations. Please be advised that passengers may be subject to weight verification prior to their flight in order to comply with these requirements.
- Intro flights cannot be used by licensed pilots as a flight review, method of maintaining currency/proficiency, or becoming re-current.
- FLT Academy may, at its discretion, cancel/refund/refuse introductory flights believed to have been purchased for these reasons. Logbook endorsements shall not be provided for introductory flights.
- Limit one per person if purchased via discount code or other promotion.
- Once purchased, introductory flights are subject to rescheduling for reasons including, but not limited to weather, maintenance requirements, FLT Academy student training needs, aircraft availability, etc.
- Intro flights will not be refunded for “No-call/No-Shows”, and a $50 fee will be implemented if a customer cancels or reschedules their intro flight within 24 hours of their reserved flight time.